6/13/11

Tournament


From the log of Commander Dimitrov
PMC: SVER
Date: 6/13/11
Title: Tournament

The governments of the world endlessly try to stop our fighting. One such weak attempt was todays, “tournament.” A squadron from each PMC was to fight the others in an all-out battle to see who had the best fighters. I knew this would only lead to a more heated battle in the coming days, but NATO thought it would save them from our conflicts. This tournament was a ridiculous attack on my personal honor, nevertheless I decided to attend, just for the laughs. As a commander, I was not allowed to participate. Instead I was chauffeured to a viewing booth. Of course I took guards with me! Six of my most trusted fighters came along to defend me from any attack. I was shocked when I entered, there sat both a Valor and a Raven commander. The Raven commander, one Captain Grobel, was an honorable soldier. He had a decent attitude, and wasn’t afraid to tell the Valor dog off. Which of course brings me to Lt. Collins, the bastard was so ignorant that I didn’t even bother to converse with him. Grobel however decided to tell the man exactly what he thought, which led to many chuckles from both my men, and Collins own soldiers. One strange thing I had noticed about Grobel was that he had only brought one guard. The man was wearing some strange kind of armor. The massive pieces of metal covered his body. A black helmet was placed atop his head, a black visor made it impossible for me to see his face. The man carried himself with the aura of a soldier, and I was duly impressed. I was also afraid that bullets wouldn’t even work on the man, if Raven started mass producing that armor, it could cause some problems.
In front of us a TV switched on, and a female announcer appeared on the screen. “Its time for this tournament to begin commanders, please, relax and enjoy the games.” I watched intently as the soldiers were all released onto the battlefield. The arena was a circle, random pieces of cover were strewn about, shipping containers, concrete barricades, bunkers and the like all thrown in like a child’s play pen. I watched proudly as my Fighters moved into the battlefield staying in close formation. They quickly spotted the Valor soldiers, taking cover in a bunker my men began to fire. Their guns fired strange laser-like beams, which would knock a man unconscious on contact. I watched as two Valor men fell to the ground, then one of my soldiers was downed.  I watched as the lasers flew back and forth, green ones for the Valor men, and red ones for my soldiers. The firefight escalated when two of my fighters got onto higher ground, from their vantage point they began raking the Valor positions with fire. All this time I had yet to see the Raven soldiers, and I was beginning to worry. Collins was already standing, shouting his anger at his soldiers for having been pinned down. Off to the east I saw a shift of a piece of metal I looked over, there were four Raven soldiers, lying prone, their weapons targeted at the remaining Valor soldiers. The Raven men were on top of a large shipping container, they had been lying in wait apparently and now they struck. Four blue lasers lanced out across the battlefield, all of them struck their targets, a second burst knocked all of the Valor soldiers down. Collins screamed, grabbing at his hair and shouting explicatives. I saw Grobel smiling and nodding. I sat back and awaited the fate of my own soldiers; I knew it was only a matter of time before the Raven snipers took them out. My soldiers all began moving to take cover on the higher level of the bunker, looking for targets. I saw a shift from behind them, two Raven soldiers jumped out from behind a low wall, spraying the blue lasers wildly from their guns. I watched as they took out three of my fighters, but they were quickly struck down. Then the four snipers went to work, knocking out my last men. I nodded to Grobel, who stood, “A fine match gentlemen.” Collins, enraged, looked at Grobel, “Fuck you, and fuck your soldiers!” The burly American shoved Grobel back into his seat; that’s when the Raven behemoth moved. The armor clad soldier took two steps, grabbed Collins and deftly threw him into the Valor men. Four rifles were quickly pointed at the Raven soldier, but it did no good. The man jumped onto one nearby soldier, crushing him under the pure weight of his armor. Then his pistol was out, taking out two more of the Valor men. I signaled my troops, and the last remaining Valor bodyguards had cold steel against the backs of their heads. The large Raven man growled at the Valor soldiers, “Don’t try me.” I heard Grobel mutter quietly, “Valor soldiers, always getting blood everywhere,” as he wiped at a blood stain on his uniform shirt. Grobel nodded to me, “Good day Dimitrov, a pleasure making your acquaintance.” I nodded back, “The pleasure was all mine to be sure.” Grobel walked out, the blood covered Raven soldier following him closely. I walked out on the opposite side of the room. My men had guns pointed at the Valor soldiers as they backed quickly out and after me. My soldiers had been impressed by the Raven soldiers display of skill, I had been too. I was glad that Raven didn’t have many soldiers like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment