6/12/11

Assault Under Fire


Taken from Cpl. Hoi’s diary.
PMC: Valor
Date: 6/12/11
Entry Title: 6/12/11 


                What can I say about today’s operation besides abnormal?  

After a few hours of driving in the steel confines of our APC’s we arrived at the Corvus Research center. Intel had it that some new prototype vehicles were inside the base and we were going in to get them out. We took the APCs up nice and close to the outside walls of the base. Then we all got out, four of our APCs were stacked up against the walls, and two squads were in each APC. The flood of our soldiers was an awesome sight. Smoke grenades confused the lock on system that the bunker turrets used, and we took that advantage. The flood of Valor soldiers stormed up to the first bunker, quickly destroying it with a few C4 charges to the base and RPGs to the turret. We moved in that fashion from bunker to bunker, steamrolling any opposition and taking down all enemies.
                My squad was tasked with securing the insides of the base complex. As we moved silently through a large courtyard a hundred or so meters behind the target vehicles themselves, I heard faint voices coming from far off on our left. I signaled my squad leader and he nodded. We moved towards the building that the voices had come from. Pvt. Nichols tossed a flash bang inside; I heard a shout and moved in. I saw two figures standing just inside the doorway; both had their hands clamped to their faces. I grabbed one by the head and pushed him roughly onto the floor. Nichols took care of the second. I straddled the man and quickly placed zip ties around his wrists. But I could still hear voices from inside, a shout came from a nearby doorway, and two soldiers burst through it. Sgt. Paulson fired a burst into one, but the second man got off a shotgun blast, the pellets tore through Nichols ripping through his head and neck, killing him instantly. I pulled out my pistol and put a bullet squarely through the bastard’s eyes, sending him to the ground. I walked through the door, pistol at the ready. The sight inside shocked me. Raven soldiers were strewn across the floor, some on beds, others on operating tables. It appeared we had stumbled in on the medical bay. I heard heavy footsteps coming from the other end of the room. Looking down I saw a man covered in armor. I was worried that my pistol wouldn’t even slow him down. The soldier was now barreling down the empty space in the center of the long room. His helmet lowered, the shiny visor reflecting the pained faces of his comrades. The man had no weapons, but he continued his headlong charge. Finally I reacted, pulling the trigger of my pistol, and my fears came true. The bullets bounced harmlessly of his heavy armor. The man connected with my body, sending me flying back into the room I had just exited. I felt myself slam into Nichols; the two of us fell back onto the ground, stunned. I watched as the man turned to look at Sgt. Paulson. I heard a growl come from the man as he swung his metal covered arm at my squad leader. The fist connected with Paulson’s skull, the heavy metal sinking into his skull with a sickening squelching noise.  The man picked up Paulson’s SCAR-L. He hefted the weapon up to his shoulder, and walked out the door.
                As I drifted in and out of consciousness I noticed that the soldiers who me and Nichols had apprehended had disappeared. Gunshots rang out from the same weapon the faceless soldier had taken. The distinctive sound could be heard all throughout the base. Then the man came back, he walked over to me, blood dripped from his armor, he slowly removed his helmet and knelt before me, I was surprised that he began speaking in English, “Corporal, you look to much like my son for me to kill you, please remember, I spared you this time, take pity on one of my brethren before you kill him next time.” With that he stood back up, walking away, I worked my mouth and croaked, “What’s your name?” The soldier looked back at me, “Carrizo.” With that he left. I waited for a good half hour before standing up, I looked at Nichols, his neck had snapped over a table, but his body had cushioned my fall, glad that he was useful for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment