6/17/11

Countdown

Taken from the personal log of Sgt. Carrizo
PMC: Raven
Date: 6/17/11
Entry title: Countdown

Today was the last straw.
Grobel sent us on a mission to assault a Valor base. As we approached the area, something felt wrong. By now we would be under observation, and more than likely be under fire. Instead we were driving steadily along with no opposition whatsoever. Finally as we approached the first gate, we were hit. Five RPGs streaked out of the woods, slamming into the sides of our APCs. The men poured out of the death traps, the lead APC was a flaming wreck, the ammunition for the cannon cooking off and exploding, killing many more men. I quickly radioed Grobel, “Sir, were in an ambush! There is overwhelming enemy force, need evac.” I heard a sigh, then Grobel’s voice. “Continue the mission Sergeant, no matter the cost, we have to destroy these facilities.”
“Yes sir.” I slammed the radio to the ground. Leaving the wrecked electronic device on the ground I stood. My ATAC 2000 at the ready, I turned to a nearby group of soldiers, “Follow me.” I charged into the enemy, firing my rifle. Many of the Valor soldiers were hidden in the bushes; I hurled an incendiary grenade ahead of me. From the small metal object spewed flames and napalm. The forest was set on fire, and Valor men burned. I grinned inside of my helmet, watching the men die. I put six shots into a man who had stood and tried to run. Watching him fall to the ground, his body burning; I had a sudden memory of an article I had seen in the newspaper. That boy whose life I had saved, he had been awarded with Valor Coalitions highest honor. I hoped he wasn’t here. Killing him wouldn’t help my plans. I moved the squads forward, men running forward towards the enemy positions. I shouted for my men to hit the deck as two hidden machine guns opened fire. As bullets smacked into my soldiers I gritted my teeth, this was exactly what I wanted to end. I turned my rifle and continued sending bullets into the enemies. I took out both of the machine gunners, “On your feet, let’s move!” I continued sending my soldiers to their deaths as more enemy soldiers opened fire. I returned more fire as bullets tore into my soldiers. I finally looked over to my squad, unable to watch this. “You all stay here.” I stood up, and ran forward. I crashed through the foliage, and straight into the enemy base. Inside there were two squads of enemy soldiers. I reloaded.
After I had reached the top of a nearby watch tower, I looked down again. This was going to take some extreme precision. I sighted up an enemy in my red dot scope and pulled the trigger. The man’s dead body fell lifeless toppling into another soldier. Then, fire began returning. Bullets smacked into the metallic watch tower. Bullets bounced off of the steel walls. I popped back up and shot two more soldiers. Then quickly dropped back into cover, as bullets began tearing holes into the cover, I pulled out a detonator. I quickly pressed the red button, and hurled the device at the enemies. Two small charges sent the tower falling forward. The tower landed in the middle of a group of enemy soldiers. Squishing around six of them, and throwing me out of the tower. I rolled over and put a few bursts into my enemies. They fell dead as well, only a few more soldiers left. I ran forward and tackled a soldier, my knee cracked his neck. I pulled out my pistol and put a bullet into a nearby soldier. I leapt from perch on the dead man, and I landed on the last soldier and shot him in the head. I stood, wiping the blood from my visor. I quickly set charges all about the base and headed back to my squad. As I reached were they were supposed to be, all I found was dead bodies. The entire two squads of men dead, I walked back to my APC. The crew was dead, but the vehicle was intact. After a quick bomb check, I headed home.

I spent the rest of that day painting my armor.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, cool read!

    This guy is like indestructible!!
    Loved the bit where he rolls out of the watchtower and just lay waste to every one around it!

    ReplyDelete