6/15/11

Slaughter


From the log of Commander Dimitrov
PMC: SVER
Date: 6/15/11
Title: Slaughter

The attack on Raven Industries Darien Network today was highly successful. At first, as our squads deployed into the area, I was afraid that they would be waiting. But they were not ready for the brutal assault unleashed by my men. It was like a slaughter. I am a leader, and normally a leader would not be in the front. However, I have told my men countless times, I won’t ask anything of them that I wouldn’t do myself. I gripped my AG-94 tightly as I stalked through the trees. Three squads of my soldiers were close behind me. I felt reassured, but it was always the point man that went down first. I suddenly found myself wishing I had that Raven soldiers armor. That was another concern of mine, if we encountered that kind of armor… this assault would be finished. I ran forward and took cover behind a Raven trailer. Up ahead I could see a patrol of two Raven soldiers. I smirked. The soldiers were not ready for a fight, their guns relaxed; they didn’t even have battle helmets. I signaled the squads to spread out. One squad went up on a hill behind the objective, the second move down into a resupply depot nearby. On my command two snipers put their SASRs into action. The two silenced guns spat death out, the bullets smacking into the bewildered Raven men. I signaled a charge. I saw a squad of Raven soldiers on top of the objective building. They began opening fire, but the overwhelming force of my fighters was too much. I watched as two RPGs smacked into the building, toppling the satellites on top of the structure and killing many of the Raven men. “Quickly, destroy it!” The squads quickly threw themselves into the objective planting many charges. After we were far away I triggered the bombs. “That’s going to attract a lot of attention comrades, move to the next target ASAP.” I left it to the squad leaders to get their men to the Bravo objective. I watched as two snipers dropped into positions atop a hill. They had clear lines of sight right into the objective. My bodyguards and I moved through a temple complex. The ruins from the ancient civilization clattered under our boots. Finally we reached the objective; a fierce firefight had already started. I raised my AG-94; sighting a target and pumping the trigger. I watched the man fall from atop the building and grinned. Then I ran forward removing my pistol from its holster and moving to a staircase. I jogged quickly up the stairs, when I got to the top I saw two Raven soldiers firing down on my men; my men were pinned down in the square below. I threw myself onto one of the soldiers, knocking him down. I shot the other one in the head with my pistol, before putting a bullet in the other soldiers head. I waved down to the squad, and they rushed up into the objective.
I jumped down to the main floor; and landed on an unsuspecting Raven soldier. I quickly put a bullet in his head and looked around for more enemies. None to be found I took an explosive charge from my pack and placed it on the console.  I armed the charge, and looked about. The rest of my force had started arming charges as well. We were going to light the place up like Christmas time. “One last objective comrades!” I shouted as the last charge was set. Quickly we moved again, heading up a large hill and towards the data center. My eyes widened as a torrent of bullets let loose from the temple. They smacked into my soldiers bodies, sending their poor souls to hell. “Do not slow, they will only kill you faster comrades!” I raised my voice over the din of battle; and continued to press up the slope. I threw a smoke grenade they gray cloud formed right at the base of the temple. Now the bullets lanced out, but barely struck anything. “FORWARD!” Sgt. Petrenko was shouting at the top of his lungs, leading his squad up the main staircase and I followed him. At the top it was chaos. A melee had ensued, but I knew who would win. Our soldiers had quickly pulled out their knives. Superior close combat training gave us the edge as the Raven soldiers quickly fell to our blades. I ran at a Raven soldier and stabbed him in the gut, then slashed his throat, blood splattered all over my uniform. I grinned from the rush of battle. Then, it was over, we began setting charges. I detonated the explosives we had placed at the last objective, and began placing more here. I looked to my left, I don’t remember why. When I did, I saw something shift. Suddenly a Raven soldier threw himself out of the debris, a live grenade in hand. He shouted something unintelligible and threw himself at me. The explosion sent me flying across the platform; I hit the wall, and fell unconscious.

Thankfully, I woke up back at base; many of my soldiers were by my side. When I awoke, Petrenko was the first to notice, “Sir! You’re alive!” I smiled, “Yes comrade, it takes more than a grenade to kill a true SVER soldier.” The men all nodded smiling, glad I was back with them, and I was too.

2 comments:

  1. billyjoe13:43

    NICE JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DarthDanMan20:16

    I wish there was destructible terrain. :(

    ReplyDelete